Fire in shed causes $125,000 in damages

The Idaho Falls Fire Department responded to a structure fire at 10655 N. 26 W. in Bonneville County at 12:20 p.m. Friday.

No one was injured in the fire which caused an estimated $125,000 of damage and was caused by a wood-burning stove inside a single-story detached shed, a news release said.

Crews were able to quickly knock down the fire, keeping it from spreading to a nearby home.

“Unfortunately, it is that time of year when we start to see more chimney fires as the temperatures begin to drop,” Division Chief Jeff Parsons said in the release.

Fire Department officials remind residents that chimneys should be inspected regularly to make sure they remain clean of creosote and are structurally intact.

ADVERTISEMENT