Yellowstone National Park roads will start closing to snow travel beginning today to begin spring plowing. All oversnow travel will end for the season at 9 p.m. March 15.
If the weather permits, some park roads may reopen to car travel on April 20. At Mammoth Hot Springs, the Hotel, Dining Room, Gift Shop and Ski Shop will close for the season Monday.
The Mammoth Campground, Yellowstone General Store, Post Office, Medical Clinic, Albright Visitor Center and the self-serve fuel pumps will remain open year-round. The fuel pumps at Tower Junction will remain open year-round also.
Old Faithful, Old Faithful Snow Lodge & Cabins will close today. The Bear Den Gift Shop, Geyser Grill and the Old Faithful Visitor Education Center will close March 15.
Visitors planning to drive to and around the park in the spring should have flexible travel plans and be prepared for changing weather conditions because temporary closures or weather restrictions can occur at any time.
To sign up for road alerts via phone, text 82190 to 888-777 or call 307-344-2117 for recorded information. You also can visit its website for road conditions and closures.
Road closure dates are as follows
• Today, the road from Mammoth Hot Springs to Norris will close.
• Tuesday, roads from Norris to Madison and Norris to Canyon Village will close.
• March 11, roads from Canyon Village to Fishing Bridge to Lake Butte Overlook will close.
• The road from Lake Butte Overlook over Sylvan Pass to the East Entrance closed March 1.
• March 15, the remaining park roads will close.
Roads from the north entrance at Gardiner, Mont., from Mammoth Hot Springs to Cooke City, Mont., are open to cars year-round.
Reporter Isabella Alves can be reached at 208-542-6711 or follow her on Twitter @IsabellaAlves96.