Not sure what to do with your Christmas tree after Monday? There are 15 collection sites in Idaho Falls designated for Christmas tree disposal.
Discarded trees cannot be placed with regular garbage, city officials said in a news release. However, you can bring your tree to one of the 15 sites run by the city’s Sanitation Division until Jan. 30.
The sites are for the use of city residents only and not for commercial tree lots, and all ornaments and lights must be removed from the trees, as the city will chip them and turn them into mulch, which will be made available to residents in the spring.
For more information, call the Sanitation Division at 208-612-8491.
The locations of the disposal sites are:
• Washburn and Michael (Reinhart Park)
• Coachman and Broadway (behind car wash)
• Fremont Avenue (by recycling bin north of Science Center)
• Mound and West Elva Street (Melaleuca Field parking lot)
• North and Chestnut (northeast corner)
• West 13th and Placer
• 10th and Emerson
• 17th and Emerson
• South Boulevard and Rogers Street
• Bennett and Waid
• Sunnyside Park (by Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center – southeast corner)
• South of 1st Street (west side of Meppen)
• Sykes and Davidson
• Ashment and 12th Street
• Russet and Lincoln