Printed on: November 22, 2012


Volunteers publish as space permits. Call 542-6781 or email calendars@post

ASPEN HOSPICE: Caring individuals are needed for patient and family support. Specialized training is provided. Call 529-0800.

AREA VI AGENCY ON AGING VOLUNTEER OMBUDSMAN PROGRAM: Advocate for residents in long-term care settings by being an ombudsman. Training is provided. Call Helen at 522-5391.

AYUSA: Host families are needed for high school exchange students. Call (415) 434-5545 or visit

BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU: Volunteers are needed to help with special events. Call 523-9754.

BIG BROTHERS BIG SISTERS: Men are needed to work with boys living in single-parent families. Call 523-4842 or email bbbsid

BIRTHRIGHT: This anti-abortion crisis pregnancy center needs women to volunteer two hours a week performing free pregnancy tests and offering support, information and referrals. Call 524-8929.

BONNEVILLE HUMANE SOCIETY: Volunteers are needed for thrift store work, playtime with animals and foster homes. Call 529-9725.

CANINE COMPANIONS FOR INDEPENDENCE: This nonprofit organization needs volunteers to raise puppies and teach them house manners and basic obedience skills. Call (707) 577-1700 or visit www.caninecompanions .org.

CAREGIVING AT HOSPICE OF EASTERN IDAHO: Volunteer training is ongoing for caregiving at the only nonprofit hospice in eastern Idaho. Call Tracy at 529-0342 or email volun for more information.

CARIBOU-TARGHEE NATIONAL FOREST: Visitor information volunteers are needed 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday. Various shifts are available. Call 523-3278 for more information.

CITY OF REFUGE MEN'S SHELTER: Volunteers are needed for cooking, thrift store work and minor construction work. Call 552-5575.

CREEKSIDE HOSPICE/ENCOMPASS: Become a hospice volunteer. Volunteers provide companionship and support to the terminally ill and their loved ones. Call for training dates and times. Call Gary at 528-8100.

DOMESTIC VIOLENCE & SEXUAL ASSAULT CENTER: Volunteers are needed for office assistance, the children's program, the crisis line and fundraising. You must pass a background check. Call 529-4352 for an application.

EASTERN IDAHO PUBLIC HEALTH DISTRICT/EASTERN IDAHO MEDICAL RESERVE CORPS: Volunteers are need to assist our community during public health emergencies. Register online at www.volunteer or call 533-3145 for more information.